Sunday, January 11, 2009

Trent Willmon and the Knock-Kneed Cowboy

I stumbled out of the door today for a long, slow run and noticed that Fedex had left a package by the door for Billie. For the next hour and a half, I didn't think much about it as I enjoyed the sunshine and the fact that I was running again. I have had an upper respiratory infection that just didn't want to quit, and when I tried to run earlier this week I found that I got so out of breath that even walking was tough!

Right now, I'm getting back to my half training schedule for the Country Music Half Marathon in Nashville in April. From others who have run it, I hear that it's a lot of fun. So, at the end of April Billie and I will spend a few days in Nashville and get to visit Trent (her son the Nashville recording artist).

When I got back from my run, Billie was really excited. Her new book "The Knock-Kneed Cowboy" came out in time for Christmas and she had the idea of creating an audio version. The only problem was finding someone to read it.

Then she had the brilliant idea of getting Trent Willmon to record it. He would record the books, they would both market it and share the proceeds! And the Fedex package contained the recording.

She was listening to it when I got back, so I stopped for a while to listen, too. Trent was reading the part where Casey meets Gus, the fairy godfrog. It was amazing to hear what a great job he did with the voices of Casey, Gus and Honey -- this record is destined to be a collector's item!

Billie already has a lot of orders -- you can get the book, the CD or a combination from her website http://empoweringforchange.com. Go look now, while you're thinking about it!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alan,

Can't wait to hear this!!

Jill