Monday, March 17, 2008

I'm stoked!

Yesterday (Sunday), I ran 10 miles for the first time in more years than I can remember. I was stoked! I couldn't wait to put out a special newsletter to the members of my running site.


Then, today, it dawned on me that I could also put it on this blog. Duh!

So here it is:

Your Beginning Running Newsletter

Special Edition
I am so excited that I need to share this with you right away!

I just got back from a long run (actually, a jog, rather than a
run). If you're in the second stage of my program, you know
about LSD runs. Well, my last long run was 8 miles.

I had set a goal to run 10 miles before April 18. Today, the
weather here was perfect, sunny and breezy and in the 70s. When
I set off for my run, forcing myself to keep my pace as slow as
possible, I knew it was going to be a great run.

As I settled down, after 5 or 10 minutes, I found myself getting
into "the zone". That happens when suddenly everything seems
perfect and I feel that I could run all day without getting
tired.
Near the end

So guess what? I met my goal a month early! Just blew away 10
miles.

Of course, this means I broke my 10% rule, but what the heck! If
you never break a rule, you never live. The bad thing about is
that that last mile was really hard work, but who knows how much
of that was just because I knew I was breaking my rule?

Made it!

Anyway, it feels great to be there already. Now I can
concentrate on picking up my pace in time for a 10K in two
weeks. Wish me luck!


Sincerely

Alan Jenkin Fitness Runner with a Beginner's Mind

Huntsville, Texas

beginningrunning@gmail.com

0 comments: