Thursday, December 20, 2007

My First Home-Grown Web Site!!!!


I'm excited!

I've finally finished putting together a five page web site.

Tomorrow I plan to have it uploaded and ready to go. It's been an interesting few weeks getting it together, and I've learned a whole lot more than HTML. It sure ain't perfect, but one of the things I learned was that if I wait for it to get perfect, it won't happen.

When I get it uploaded, I'll post the link and wait for the comments -- the good, the bad and the ugly.

One of the best things I learned is that there is SO much information out there on how to do this that the problem is finding the good stuff. Fortunately, I started with good stuff, but found it easy to get led astray into other areas -- but for this, I would have finished sooner. I'll know better for my next site, which I plan to start on soon.

If anyone is interested to know more, put in a comment on this blog. I can show you how to get a site up in an hour or two, if that's what you want, or how to get help to set up something more complex. Just let me now what you'd like -- I'm an expert on getting started and will probably forget that experience in a few weeks!

One of the benefits of being retired is that I now have time to play with some of the new technology and can even use it to earn some money if I choose to. Sure beats working for a living!

0 comments: